`Runner Alumni Mentor Program
The `Runner Alumni Mentor Program, established by the Alumni Association in 2018, pairs CSUB alumni and other professionals with juniors, seniors and graduate students who need help with such things as choosing a career path, drafting a resume, interviewing for jobs and networking. RAMP is facilitated on our `RunnerBridge platform, an online community for our students, alumni, faculty and staff.
For the 2023-2024 academic year, we matched up 75 mentees with 73 mentors.
We facilitate RAMP through `RunnerBridge, an online networking and mentoring platform where potential mentors and mentees apply for RAMP and through which matched pairs can communicate and access resources designed to guide and enhance their mentoring relationship.
Those not accepted into RAMP can take advantage of our online `RunnerBridge Community, where students of all grades, from freshmen to graduate students, can reach out to alumni, faculty and staff for more informal, quick-hit career conversations.
OVERVIEW OF RAMP
- RAMP pairs mentors and mentees one-on-one for one academic year.
- Each pair are expected to meet up at least once a month and attend our professional-development workshops and mixers.
- To be accepted, participants must attend one of three orientation sessions held for early in the academic year.
- Mentors are requiredmentors to have at least five years of professional experience.
- Application to the Program: Summer 2023
- Mentor and Mentee Matching: Fall 2023
- Mentor and Mentee Connect and work towards Mentorship Goals
- RAMP social events, industry tours, workshops and Q&A panels
- Program Closure: May 2024
SELECTION AND MATCHING PROCESS
- Participants are selected based on responses to the registration questions.
- Matching is based on a combination of factors including preferences selected by mentees and overlap in interests and background identified in program registration questions.
- You will be notified by email whether you've been accepted into the program.
HOW TO APPLY FOR RAMP
- Sign up for `RunnerBridge if you haven't already.
- Click "Join" at the top right of the RAMP home page and follow the prompts.
- Questions? Email email@example.com.